- What are the symptoms of seasonal allergies?
The common symptoms of seasonal allergies are:
- Stuffy, itchy, and/or runny nose
- Itchy and/or red eyes
- Itchy and/or sore throat
- How long do the symptoms last?
The amount of time that you have allergies varies in each person and what they are allergic to. For most people, they tend to have the symptoms for less than 6 weeks.3
Differences between mild, and moderate to severe allergies
Mild: Your allergy symptoms do not stop you from doing regular activities such as school, work, or household chores, and you are able to sleep normally.
Moderate to severe: Your allergies prevent you from doing regular activities and can affect your sleep.
Let’s talk about your symptoms:
- Have you been sneezing a lot?
- Do you have an itchy, stuff, and/or runny nose?
- Do you have itchy and/or red eyes?
- Do you have an itchy and/or sore throat?
- Do your allergy symptoms interrupt your sleep?
- Are you able to carry out your daily activities without being bothered by your symptoms?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
- Less than 6 weeks
- More than 6 weeks
If you answered yes to 1 or more of the above questions, you may be experiencing seasonal allergies. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about your symptoms so they can recommend the right treatment for you.