Pharmacy Corner
Middle ear infections: what parents should know What if my child gets it all the time?

If your child is getting ear infections often, you should see talk to your doctor.3 In some cases, your doctor will refer you to a specialist.1 He/she will review your child’s condition and determine the best treatment. A specialist may decide that your child needs tubes inserted into the ears.9,10 The tubes, which are tiny cylinders, help to clear the clogged fluid in the ear, and to prevent future clogging.9,10 An ear tube will mean fewer ear infections for your child, but they are not for everyone.9,10 If your child gets ear tubes, they have to keep the ears dry and wear earplugs during bathing, swimming and other water activities.11