What causes a diaper rash?
Your baby’s skin can get irritated by coming into contact with wet or soiled diapers. Also, the diaper rubs against moist and sensitive skin and making it red and tender1.
Does it happen to every baby?
Not every baby will get diaper rashes. It is the most common skin problem in infants and toddlers. It is most common when your baby is 9-12 months3.
Why does my baby get diaper rashes?
Some babies seem to be at higher risk of rashes. There are certain things that can increase your baby’s risk of a diaper rash, such as3:
- They have diarrhea or many daily bowel movements
- The diaper is not being changed very often
- They have sensitive skin or other skin conditions (like eczema or psoriasis)
- They recently took an antibiotic
- If they are wearing snug fitting, air tight pants over their diapers