1. What is Colic?
Colic is an unexplained outburst of fussing and crying that last in a healthy baby1,2:
- More than 3 hours a day for
- More than 3 days a week and for
- More than 3 weeks straight
2. What are the symptoms of Colic?
Colic starts at 2-16 weeks of age and gradually goes away when the baby is 3-4 months.1
A baby with colic will usually1:
- Be crying (more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week and for more than 3 weeks straight) and irritable
- Have clenched fists, drawing up of the legs, stretch out their arms and legs and going stiff
- Have changes in sleeping and eating patterns
- Be throwing up or spitting up