- For helpful brochures answering common questions about prostate cancer, click here (Prostate Cancer Canada) and here (Canadian Cancer Society).
- For a list of frequently asked questions (and answers) about prostate cancer, click here.
- Prostate cancer 101 video
- Treatment options video
- The Prostate Cancer Information Service (PCIS) provides information and support throughout the cancer journey. Available in a number of languages, these confidential and evidence-based services include phone line, email response, distribution of resources and referral to Prostate Cancer Canada programs
Prostate Cancer Testing
- For a simple explanation of the PSA test, click here.
- For a simple explanation of the digital rectal exam (DRE), click here.
- For a simple explanation of prostate biopsy, click here.
- For Prostate Cancer Canada’s current recommendations on the PSA test (“Know Your Number”), click here.
Staging and Classification of Prostate Cancer
- For a simple explanation of Gleason scores (prostate cancer grading), click here.
- For a simple explanation of TNM scores (prostate cancer staging), click here.
Prostate Cancer Treatments
- For a brochure outlining the basics about prostate cancer treatment, click here.
For more information on possible treatments for prostate cancer, including potential side effects, see Prostate Cancer Canada’s web resources here. Each potential treatment is discussed in clear terms, including what the treatment is, how it is given and what the possible side effects might be.
Care and Support After Treatment
- For a brochure outlining the basics about care and support after prostate cancer treatment, click here.